Trish -Finally getting some writing done! It feels so good and I’m gonna start outlining book three this week. Also proofing my audiobook, it’s slow going.
Jeremy – I’ve submitted my Superhero romance to the publisher. I’ve started working on a superhero novella for my readers and I’m nearly done writing the second book in my prequel trilogy. I’m on fire!
This month in Pop-Culture History
- 1902-The first full-time movie theater in the US opened in LA, it was called “Electric Theater”
- 1982 NASA announced that the first female astronaut would be Sally K. Ride and the first black astronaut would be Guion S. Bluford, Jr.
- 2000-Pokemon card game premiered
Trish-The new Roswell. I loved the original but the new one is darker, older and has great representation.
Jeremy- Locke & Key is the next on the list of binge series. Created by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez the show straddles fantasy, mystery and a tinge of horror. Three episodes in and willing to report, I decided to do my laundry while it was on. Those who love a slow burn with intriguing fantasy elements will love it. Unfortunately at this point, Jeremy wants to lock the kids in a closet and lose the key.
Deep Dive: Picard (SPOILERS! You’ve been warned!)
- Riker and Deanna, the emotion of their episode was perfect
- 7 of 9 in all her kick but glory, and thankfully sans catsuit
- Space Vegas! Not the actual name but who cares when Picard is in an eye patch and sporting a fake French accent?
- Showing that Starfleet isn’t perfect.
- The ragtag crew, and especially Raffi.
- The deus ex machina in the second to the last episode that retconned a major plot point.
- The hollowness of an emotional moment in the last episode.
- Not enough 7 of 9!!!
For more Trek goodness: Special shout out to Movies with Mikey. Watch his two-part Star Trek special here.
Question of the Week: Who, in your opinion, was the best Star Trek Captain?